No pressure readout in the OPTIC Status View
When the split line of the OPTIC 3 or 4 is completely blocked there will be no pressure readout in the status view.
With a partial blocked split line the unit will behave different; there is a pressure readout in the status display but when a high split flow is used the vacuum of the MS will get worse. The OPTIC status display will not show any problem and also pressure readout of the OPTIC does not go up.
An other problem could look like the next picture:
Solution: Clean the split line.
- Switch the control unit off.
- Remove the column and liner. Leave the top of the inlet open.
- Locate the Split line and follow this from the Inlet till a coupling is found. Undo the coupling.
- Position a large beaker under the open inlet body to collect waste.
- Flush the Split line from the coupling to the inlet with Acetone, use a micro-syringe to inject into the Split line from the coupling. The Acetone should come out at the top of the inlet body.
- Allow the solvent to evaporate.
- Reconnect the Split line coupling, make sure to have an Aluminum Packing placed in the coupling (2406-2056).
- Clean the inlet body as in article 8.